The “Gamification with Moodle” program has as its primary purpose to give each participant the opportunity to meet and become familiar with the Moodle tools offered for Gamification. The next and most important purpose is to produce his own gamified educational content, applying the knowledge he has acquired, thus enriching the teaching process and making it more attractive and fun.
Gamification in Moodle
The program is aimed at corporate trainers, Moodle course creators, Primary, Secondary or Tertiary teachers and non-formal education-training trainers, who wish to apply the principles of Gamification to their Moodle courses.
It is offered in Greek and English and is adapted to the particular needs of each learner:
• Educational material is provided, in various formats (text, video, links, SCORMs), giving the learner the possibility to “move” within the course, depending on how much and if he owns each subject.
• Possibilities of self-evaluation and reflection are provided, in terms of the degree of achievement of the expected results.
• A solid rating system is provided.
• Suggested activities-challenges that the trainees are asked to implement.
• A system is provided for trainees to collaborate and demonstrate their work.
During this program, WIDE Services instructors facilitate the trainees in designing their own teaching modules that fall into their areas of interest and then provide guidance in the implementation part.